What Timmins Has to Offer
A one-hour flight from Toronto, Timmins is also easily accessible from Quebec and the northeastern US. Traditionally a mining community, Timmins allows access to past and present mines as well as acres of forest in the surrounding area, including a wildlife preserve and over 500 lakes and streams. The area's Northern location makes for a long winter season, ideal for filming in snowy conditions. This film-friendly community is eager to help your production.
For more information about filming in Timmins, contact Rob Riselli, CION's Film Programs and Reporting Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shooting in Timmins means:
- Film-friendly jurisdiction for expedited permits and approvals
- Designated municipal liaison to support film and television activity
- Bilingual community that supports both Anglophone and Francophone productions
- High density of mining infrastructure, and ability to access site operations
- Robust supply and services sector, including film production services
- Unlimited wilderness and rural vistas with picture-perfect scenery
- Access to partnerships, incentives, and other financial supports
- Integrated ecosystem of connections that can get you into the locations you need