What Timmins Has to Offer
For the most up-to-date information on the city's COVID-19 response, see the official City of Timmins COVID-19 Resources
Timmins is a burgeoning film town with easy access to all the shots you need just 15 minutes from the city centre. Find a mix of rural and urban settings, miles of forest and farmland, a picturesque downtown, and a range of infrastructure, including a wooden ballpark, ski hills, hockey arenas, and more. Experience all four seasons and a long winter with plenty of snow for frosty scenes. Timmins is easily accessible with direct one-hour flights from Toronto.
Our film-friendly community and growing talent roster are eager to help with your production. From permitting to location access and services, the city partners are with you to navigate every need.
For more information about filming in Timmins, contact CION at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shooting in Timmins means:
- Film-friendly jurisdiction for expedited permits and approvals
- Designated municipal liaison to support film and television activity
- Bilingual community that supports both Anglophone and Francophone productions
- High density of mining infrastructure, and ability to access site operations
- Robust supply and services sector, including film production services
- Unlimited wilderness and rural vistas with picture-perfect scenery
- Access to partnerships, incentives, and other financial supports
- Integrated ecosystem of connections that can get you into the locations you need