CION is looking for a Research and Infrastructure Assessment Intern
Research and Infrastructure Assessment Intern
Cultural Industries Ontario North — Greater Sudbury, ON
Contract length: 12 months
Job Type: Contract
The purposes of the Research and Infrastructure Assessment Intern will be to research and compile information about Northern Ontario's film and television industry assets, acquire and analyze metrics relating to industry performance, and to implement communications based strategies that showcase Northern Ontario's production assets, impact (economic, cultural) and opportunities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: The specific key duties and responsibilities of the Research and Infrastructure Assessment Intern will be:
- Collect and develop an inventory of digital assets that highlight opportunities, locations, and infrastructure.
- Research and analyze past production activity to provide stakeholders with an up-to-date assessment of the impact of Northern Ontario's film and television production industry, of active pieces of infrastructure that are servicing production, and of ongoing deficiencies relating to missing infrastructure (vendors and suppliers, equipment, studio space, crew departments);
- Develop an inventory of cultural performance venues, events and talent to support CION's efforts to expand awareness about Northern Ontario's performing musicians, venues. Support the creation of a pan-Northern database of venues that informs musicians and public audiences about event happenings, types of music featured at regional venues (genres, styles, original music vs. cover bands, etc.)
- Provide communications support for outreach initiatives where CION and industry stakeholders pitch to producers and industry representative’s opportunities to expand their businesses into Northern Ontario;
- Work with CION's lead staff and The New Business (an organization that was tendered to develop and implement CION's expansive digital strategy), to identify and promote Northern Ontario's production assets, stakeholders, crew, suppliers/vendors, musicians and festivals and events.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Please email C/V to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.