- CION is hiring a Film Sector Development Officer!
CION IS HIRING A FILM SECTOR DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
CION IS HIRING A FILM SECTOR DEVELOPMENT OFFICER TO SUPPORT THE GROWTH OF NORTHERN ONTARIO'S FILM AND TELEVISION PRODUCTION INDUSTRIES.
Published InFilm & TVGeneral
Cultural Industries Ontario North (CION) is hiring a Film Sector Development Officer to support the growth of Northern Ontario's film and television production industries. Applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Monday, March 7, 2022.
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Film Sector Development Officer promotes Cultural Industries Ontario North’s (CION) mission and incentive programs, while working with staff and management to position Northern Ontario as a production-friendly region for filmmakers, film and television production companies, independent film producers, TV networks, commercial producers and other media arts creators, while acting as an unbiased and objective facilitator of film and television industry activities between industry and government.
Eligible candidates should have significant professional experience in the film and television industry and knowledge of and experience in not-for-profit organizational management. The ideal candidate would also have experience in marketing, media and public relations and a track record of successfully encouraging the delivery of world-class customer service.
The Film Sector Development Officer will develop projects and events which promote the growth of the Northern Ontario film industry, including workforce development, professional development and outreach events.
- Develop and oversee CION’s film and television production industry activities; including outreach, workforce development and professional development activities (ie. screenwriter development program, industry panels, workshops and forums).
- Act as the unbiased contact and primary source of information for inquiries related to film, television and media arts production for film industry stakeholders.
- Plan, track, and reconcile project budgets for film industry activities, ensuring planned budgets meet both CION’s key success objectives and needs identified through industry analysis.
- Report outcomes of all film and television sector events, programs and services.
- Oversee the development of strategies for regional stakeholders to attend key industry events, to promote Northern Ontario as a production friendly region and secure inbound productions.
- Act as a direct liaison for key industry stakeholders and oversee staff in promoting key events and facilitating logistics (FAM tours, etc.)
- Maintain and publish CION’s monthly Production Hotlist.
- Oversee internal projects contributing to the development of regional production resources and film vendors and consult on external infrastructure development projects.
- Oversee and approve marketing materials for film programming to ensure all promotional materials are meeting CION’s organizational goals and measures of success.
- Oversee the participation of the initiative’s Film and Music Advisory Committee (FMAC) and lead regular meetings, setting meeting agendas.
- Participate as a board member for key industry stakeholder groups as a representative of the Northern Ontario film industry.
- Assist as needed in the facilitation and logistics of CION’s major industry events (NOMFA, Cinema Summit, etc.)
3. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
The Film Sector Development Officer is required to demonstrate the following abilities/knowledge base:
- Significant professional experience in the film and television industry
- Demonstrates strategic, organizational management and communication skills
- Solid, hands-on, budgeting, project and resource management
- A high level of administrative experience; including creating project budgets, project and team management;
- Direct experience working within the local, regional, provincial and/or national film and television production industry; including but not limited to working with producers, film vendors, film crew, unions, workforce development agencies, film commissions and public funding bodies including the NOHFC;
- Strong corporate communications background and experience in public speaking;
- Marketing, promotion, event/conference planning and facilitation
4. QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years experience in the film, television, media industry
- University degree; College diploma or equivalent relevant work experience
- Ability to convey a vision of the organization’s mission and strategic plan
- Prior positions of responsibility that required public facing duties
- Ability to maintain an organized and efficient work environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain partnerships with a wide variety of people and organizations
- Outstanding organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Available to travel occasionally
- Proficient in researching using on-line and traditional media;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and database management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A high level of initiative and attention to detail;
- A valid G Class License.
Bilingualism (French and English) will be considered a principal asset.
Applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Monday, March 7, 2021.