Job Description: Communications and Logistics Officer
The Communications and Logistics Officer will work with Cultural Industries Ontario North (CION) staff and management to generate interest in the programs, events and services provided by CION, while reacting to inquiries of all kinds from the public and directing requests as needed. The Communications and Logistics Officer will track and analyze the results of CION’s programming, events and services to ensure activities are meeting CION’s key metrics of success.
1. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Promotion and Media Relations: Utilize publicly facing platforms including media, social media and newsletters to promote CION’s events and professional development activities. Direct media inquiries and scheduling interview requests with appropriate staff and industry contacts, organize media releases and media conferences.
2) Public Relations: React to inquiries of all kinds from public facing channels (phone, email, social media), directing the request to the proper source when needed, all while advocating for the industry through stakeholder interactions, online initiatives and outreach.
3) Tracking and Reporting: Promote and track CION’s key success objectives, including event attendance, social media channel metrics, newsletter metrics, media coverage, website metrics, productions hosted, and estimated economic impact from production and online resource activity.
4) Social Media Strategies: Oversee the development of paid and organic social media marketing initiatives, ensuring consistent organizational voice and branding.
5) Website Content Management: Create website news content; compile content from internal staff and external industry stakeholders (producer profiles, funding deadlines, other industry content).
6) Event Logistics Support: Assist with participant logistics for events (ie. NOMFA, Cinema Summit, FAM Tours), workforce development and professional development sessions, including guest services outreach activities.
7) Organizational Development: Assist with grant researching, writing and reporting, using tracked measures of success to analyze opportunities for future programming.
8) Advisory Committee Support: Act as support during Film & Music Advisory Committee meetings, handling communications, taking meeting minutes and sending agenda items to participating committee members. Assist in timekeeping during quarterly meetings.
2. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The Communications and Logistics Officer is required to demonstrate the following abilities/knowledge base:
-Experience with utilizing major social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) for marketing, promotional and public relations purposes, including drafting social media copy and graphics and developing social media campaigns;
-Experience with newsletter creation and platforms (Mailchimp) for marketing, promotional and public relations purposes, including drafting content copy.
-Experience with spreadsheet management to track metrics of success;
-Previous experience in proposal writing, communications and/or event planning will be considered an asset;
-Previous experience working in the film, television and music production industries will be considered an asset;
-The ability to maintain an organized and efficient work environment;
-Outstanding organization and time management skills;
-The ability to multi-task effectively;
-The ability to research using on-line and traditional media;
-Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
-Excellent oral and written communication skills;
-Excellent interpersonal skills;
-A high level of initiative and attention to detail;
Bilingualism (French and English) will be considered a principal asset, as Cinefest Sudbury operates on a bilingual basis.
Applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 25, 2021.