Job Title: Events Support and Asset Coordination Officer
Reports to: Associate Executive Director, Associate Managing Director, Film Sector Development Officer, Music Sector Development Officer
Application: Applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 11, 2023.
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Events Support and Asset Coordination Officer internship position will assist the implementation of CION’s major events (ie. NOMFA, FAM Tours, Cinema Summit, film and music panels, workforce development and professional development sessions) through event-based support including venue logistics, guest services and hospitality activities, while also ensuring CION’s resource lists (ie. production/event photos, venue lists, festival lists, production lists, vendor lists) are regularly updated.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess and develop strategies that fulfill CION’s event-based objectives as they relate to technical coordination and capacity, travel, accommodations, and venue logistics.
- Enter data pertaining to CION’s key resource lists (ie. vendor lists, venue database, festival lists, music and film resource lists) to ensure resources remain accurate and relevant with updated information.
- Oversee and maintain privacy/security for CION’s digital assets (ie. Crew Database, Hotlist, ON Stage music portal, Shot Up Here etc.);
- Assist in facilitating logistics for workforce development activities (ie. crew training, Locations Scout Training) programming;
3. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
There are no day-to-day physical demands associated with the Events Support and Asset Coordination officer position. From time to time there will be setup related to various activities that CION is involved in that will require the Events Support and Asset Coordination Officer’s attention.
4. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
In general, CION operates on a 35-hour work week, 9 AM to 5 PM from Monday to Friday (with an hour for lunch). Due to the dictates of CION’s activities, the Events Support and Asset Coordination officer can expect to occasionally work unusual hours, mainly evenings and weekends.
5. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The Events Support and Asset Coordination officer position is required to demonstrate the following abilities/knowledge base:
- Experience with event planning, guest services and hospitality.
- Experience with spreadsheet management to track metrics of success.
- Previous experience working in the film, television and music production industries will be considered an asset.
- The ability to maintain an organized and efficient work environment;
- Outstanding organization and time management skills;
- The ability to multi-task effectively;
- The ability to research using on-line and traditional media;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A high level of initiative and attention to detail;
Bilingualism (French and English) will be considered a principal asset, as CION operates on a bilingual basis.
Applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 11, 2023.
The Events Support and Asset Coordination Officer internship position is supported by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation.